QCA Cares is a 501 (c) (3), not for profit organization. Its’ primary focus is to help children, veterans, the elderly, the arts, the environment and the sick and injured in and around the Quad Cities area.
QCA Cares was originally known as American Spirit Charities. The name was changed to reflect the geographic narrowing of its’ focus to the QCA.
The QCA Cares mission is accomplished through a variety of efforts. Some of those efforts include programs established by and run through the charity itself:
- Catastrophic Illness And Injury Assistance is a program designed to assist patients and their families with financial relief from medical and other financial strains when there is no insurance or other funding available to help.
- Hard Headed Kids is a campaign to assist in providing bicycle helmets to area children who may not otherwise be able to afford them.
- Veteran’s Legal Assistance is a program co-sponsored by QCA Cares and VanDerGinst Law which offers a variety of legal services to veterans at no, or greatly discounted, cost.
- Environment and Arts Scholarships are available to local children for a variety of educational opportunities within the areas of the arts and/or the environment.
- Our Elders is a campaign designed to educate the elderly about unique rights they have under the law and to keep them informed of opportunities which may interest them in and around the Quad Cities.
- Crime Doesn’t Pay, But We Do is a campaign dedicated to contributing towards rewards being offered to apprehend culprits with respect to criminal activity in the area.
- QCA Cares also offers funding assistance for other charitable and community organizations in the area who share our mission is one way or another, such as: Family Resources, The Child Abuse Council, the HAVlife Foundation, Quad City Arts and numerous others.
QCA Cares enlists the help of an army of local volunteers, thereby keeping administrative and operating costs as low as possible so that funds that are raised can go directly towards helping those that need it most.
Funding requests and more information can be obtained here or by calling toll free: 866-788-5297.